The Business Manager will be responsible for the efficient administration of the Guild of Players at the Theatre Royal, in conjunction with the heads of department, and will be required to submit regular financial and general business reports as required by the Theatre Director and Board.
A few of the tasks include:
• Manage organisational and departmental budgets, invoicing, cash flow, book-keeping, cash handling, petty cash, banking, and financial reports for the Theatre Director, Management Board and funders.
• Book-keeping, using the Sage Accounting system.
• Organise all office management, IT and phone systems in conjunction with the appropriate consultants / suppliers. Create & maintain appropriate administration and communication systems.
• Negotiate new IT support contract.
• Assist the Theatre Director, including deputising for them, as required.
• Act as line manager to the Operations Manager, Volunteer Co-ordinator & Marketing Officer.
Essential skills and experience
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a business related environment and/or administrative
• Experience of leading and energising a small team of staff and working with volunteers.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Good interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills, capable of dealing with both internal
and external customers comfortably.
• Ability and experience of working as part of a team.
• High standard of written English, ability to state a case clearly, logically and concisely.
• Good standard of numeracy, budgeting and financial awareness.
• Experience of working with accounts, budgets and fundraising.
• A proven high standard of IT skills including Microsoft Office Packages
Desirable skills and experience
• Experience of volunteer run organisations.
• Web content management and social media skills
• Educated to degree level in a relevant field.
• Proven experience of and passion for the Performing Arts.