Project Development Worker – Hen’s Shed
Hours 35 hours a week
Salary ££21,840 PA for the first year with subsequent years subject to funding
No formal qualifications required
Professional Attributes & Values
- Ability to engage with wide range of people, particularly women with learning difficulties.
- Flexibility to be able to create positive solutions whilst working with vulnerable women.
- Show an understanding of appropriate professional conduct and boundaries.
- Show an understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Committed to the ethos and values of UCI
- Shows a commitment to women’s empowerment
Work Experience & Knowledge
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of the issues of unsupported women with learning difficulties
- Previous experience of representing the views of vulnerable women
- Experience of working with voluntary agencies/Not-for-Profit Sector
- Previous experience of recruiting volunteers
- Working with budgets and financial information
- Experience of cash handling
- Experience of sourcing, ordering and following procedures to purchase materials
Group Work Skills
- Previous experience of group working with vulnerable women
- Committed to the principles of Equal Opportunities, anti-discrimination and empowering individuals and groups
- Able to plan programme of activities for the group as well as project planning
- Booking rooms appropriate to need of group and session
- Setting out venues appropriate to needs of group
- Ability to facilitate/lead sessions – both online and in person
- Monitor group activities and outcomes-
- Make safe guarding reports of any issues arising to appropriate bodies.
- Organise, and co-ordinate, with external organisations to deliver activities and/or information sessions.
Communication & Technical Skills
- Possess a good professional and approachable personal manner
- Able to offer support and encouragement in a non-judgemental manner
- Encourage women to take on regular supervised responsibilities
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write up session notes
- Ability to write reports
- Ability to communicate appropriately to people, of all abilities, over a range of methods
- Ability to explain complex issues in Accessible Formats
- Communicate with statutory bodies, partnership organisations, community groups and individuals
- Good IT skills including e-mail and word processing, spreadsheets, databases, as well as Powerpoint.
- Ability to use Video Conferencing software such as Zoom and Teams
- Able to successfully moderate and facilitate online chats
- Ability to deliver Presentations and Training Sessions
- Ability to carry out follow up sessions as required by group
- Able to update and maintain information, including session notes vis paper or IT based recording systems
- Willingness to learn Easy Read, and to produce resources in this format
- Willing to undertake personal and professional development
- Possess valid driving licence
- Willingness to travel throughout the Region
- Willingness to engage with, and develop, any opportunities that arise in the organisation
Because of the nature/needs of the client group, UCI wishes to stipulate that a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) exists in recruiting only a woman/women for this post.
Please send CV to: email@example.com