Funded by the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, the Volunteering for Employment Co-ordinator will work with our Employability Manager to support the development of work-based skills and personal development through volunteering, to increasing employment opportunities for people in Dumfries and Galloway.
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-shared-prosperity-fund-prospectus”
Main job responsibilities
- Support volunteer-involving organisations across the region to identify the volunteering opportunities available in their organisation that could support an individual to gain employment skills.
- Map and document volunteer for employment roles, helping individuals identify roles that would suit them.
- Promote the benefits of volunteering for employment to young people (under 25s) using language that engages with this age group across the region.
- Promote awards such as the Saltire Award to young people as opportunities to enhance job applications or further education entry forms.
- Raise awareness of SQA and other volunteering qualifications amongst volunteer involving organisations, volunteers and employers.
- Demonstrate the breadth of opportunities within the third sector which young people could participate in.
- Support secondary schools and further education establishments to promote the benefits of volunteering to their students for employment.
- Produce high-quality information materials designed to emphasise the employability aspects of volunteering.
- Work with support services that can offer mentoring and any other support required by the volunteers.
- Identify other opportunities to help volunteers progress into employment
- Support volunteers by identifying and accessing other opportunities relating to the employment pathway, including funding opportunities.
- Support in maintaining the volunteer web pages, which are the focus of volunteering activity in Dumfries and Galloway.