User and Carer Involvement is a disabled persons’ led organisation and we are looking for a Trustee who is willing to be our secretary.
Previous experience is not necessary and full training will be given. The board of Trustees meets four to five times a year.
- Duties of the secretary would involve:
- Making sure that meetings are effectively organised and minuted
- Maintaining effective records and administration
- Upholding the legal requirements of governing documents, charity law, company law etc (where relevant).
- Communication and correspondence
Although the secretary makes sure that these responsibilities are met, much of the work may be delegated to paid staff or volunteers.
Currently meetings are being held remotely, however we are hoping to have a blended approach going forward. We are a small organisation with a relatively small board of Trustees and the role of Secretary is not onerous. We always aim to have fun at meetings alongside board matters.