- Provide a safe space for information sharing and discussion.
- Promote networking between third sector organisations.
- Allow identification of key challenges and issues faced by the sector.
- Promote sharing of learning and best practice, from both local and national level.
- Allow the third sector to influence the development of strategy and policy at local level.
- Allow direct access with third sector organisations for consultation and engagement.
- Build capacity through training.
- Encourage and promote collaborative working.