Dumfries and Galloway Mental Health Association is a registered and established Scottish Charity working with people who have complex mental health needs throughout Dumfries and the region with a strong vision and drive to deliver excellence in care support provision.
We are looking volunteers with a passion for helping us provide mental health support across the region as a charity shop volunteer you can contribute to making a real difference to local people’s lives.
Volunteering is open to everyone and no experience is required so if you are looking for a new challenge we would love to hear from you,
As a shop volunteer, you will gain valuable skills to help develop your CV and experience and you will be part of a wonderful team of passionate, friendly people who will support you every step of the way
Volunteering in our shop is varied, exciting and rewarding; no two days are the same and you have the chance to utilise your different skills regularly. There are always new opportunities to keep you engaged and help you grow and develop in your role.
Flexible hours suitable to you
What do shop volunteers do?
- Welcome and serve customers, taking payments and providing good all round customer service
- Sorting through donated items and pricing stock
- Working on shop window displays
- Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised
- Interacting with the general public
- Follow health and safety procedures and legal sales requirements
- Possible key holder and cashing up requirements
We require you to be motivated, hardworking and enjoy being part of a team; some weekend working will be required
This post will be subject to full PVG vetting. Minimum age for volunteering is 18 years.