As an assistant team leader in the RHYO, you will be involved in assisting the running and leading of our weekly sessions which are divided into various age groups. You will be involved in the planning and delivering of an accessible, exciting and balanced session plan, working alongside team leaders and young team leaders.
Responsible to – Team Leader and Chief Executives
Responsible for – Children, Young People, Young Team Leaders
- Helping to deliver an accessible, exciting and balanced session plan making sure there is a focus on the needs, interests and abilities of the children and young people, allowing for their input.
- Following policy and procedures of the RHYO to ensure the safe delivery of the programme to the children and young people, including completing detailed risk assessments for activities planned.
- Establishing and building positive relationships and rapport with the children and young people you work with by creating a calm, nurturing and stimulating environment whilst getting to know them as individuals.
- Encourage and support children and young people to achieve the varied awards available for their group, especially the Chief Executive Award.
- Work alongside other adult volunteers (Team Leaders, Assistant Team Leaders, Young Team Leaders, Executive Team and Board) to allow continuity across sessions and to plan activities and events for all sessions/groups.
- Help plan and be a part of outdoor nights away opportunities for the young people following policy and procedure.
- Be an active participant in fundraising efforts for the RHYO.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with parents/guardians.
We do not specify any specific qualifications or skills except for what you could bring to the organisation. There is an Outdoor and Adventure Group as well as a Theatre Group so some interest in these fields would be advised but not required. There are loads of opportunities to learn as we go along.
All PVGs that are needed will be funded through the organisation. You would not need to put any money towards this.