Opportunities available at branches across the region (Annan, Dumfries, Castle Douglas, Newton Stewart, Stranraer)
Purpose of Position:
Food Train is an award-winning charity providing services to older people who are no longer able to manage independently, through age, ill health, frailty or disability. The aim of Food Train Friends is to improve quality of life for our members, by providing them with a befriending service on a regular basis. Volunteers provide a consistent and reliable support to help customers experience social interaction on a regular basis.
They must be able to attend at flexible hours and various locations as the service requires
• Provide an effective befriending service for your befriendee (either on the telephone, in their homes or on group outings/activities)
• Spend time with your befriendee and simply chat, listen and discuss various topics
• Make the service, events attended and conversations interesting and fun
• Be reliable and presentable
• Provide monitoring and reporting information as required on time spent and activities with the befriendee to the project staff
• Attend volunteer meetings, training events and 1-2-1 updates with service staff
1-2 hours per week/fortnight. Commitment minimum 3 months.