The information submitted will be used by Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway and the relevant organisation to process your interest in the role. By clicking submit, you agree to this use.
Volunteer Delivery Driver 
Dumfries and Galloway
9am to 3pm approximately - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
Yes. Training and support provided by Food Train staff.
• There are no formal educational requirements for this role, although knowledge of the needs of older people acquired through life and family experiences, training received or practice-based experience is desirable.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills.
• Friendly, sociable and patient with a caring manner.
• Good level of fitness, motivated, reliable, trustworthy and enthusiastic individual who can be responsive and flexible on delivering positive outcomes and experiences for the older people.
• Good verbal communication skills are required as well as being a people person with a sense of humour who can adapt to any situation and respond well to changes in other people’s behaviour.
Food Train is an award-winning charity providing services to older people who are no longer able to manage independently, through age, ill health, frailty or disability. Drivers collect shopping lists from customers, collect the shopping orders from the shop and deliver to the customers with the support of a Helper.
• Drive Food Train van
• Collecting shopping lists from customers
• Collecting shopping orders from shops
• Stack van to ensure shopping boxes are secure
• Deliver and unpack shopping orders for customers
• To record mileage
• To report any matters of concern to Food Train staff
• To inform Food Train Staff of any accidents, incidents or complaints
• To maintain confidentiality
• Representing Food Train in a professional manner to customers and the wider community