The information submitted will be used by Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway and the relevant organisation to process your interest in the role. By clicking submit, you agree to this use.
Volunteer Shopper 
Dumfries and Galloway
Yes. Training and support provided by Food Train staff.
• There are no formal educational requirements for this role however knowledge of the needs of older people acquired through life and family experiences, training received or practice-based experience is desirable.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Friendly, sociable and patient with a caring manner.
• Reasonable level of fitness, motivated, reliable, trustworthy and enthusiastic individual who can be responsive and flexible on delivering positive outcomes and experiences for older people.
• Good verbal communication skills are required as well as being a people person with a sense of humour who can adapt to any situation and respond well to changes in other people’s behaviour.
Food Train is an award-winning charity providing services to older people who are no longer able to manage independently, through age, ill health, frailty or disability. Shoppers work in the local stores to make up the customers’ orders for delivery.
The Role will include a combination of the following:
• Making up and checking customers shopping orders
• Packing boxes ensuring weight distribution
• Putting customers’ orders through the till
• Pay for the shopping and complete necessary paperwork
• To report any matters of concern to Food Train staff
• To inform Food Train Staff of any accidents, incidents or complaints
• To maintain confidentiality
• Representing Food Train in a professional manner to customers and the wider community.
• 8am to 11am approximately
• Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
• Ongoing role