Independent Living Support promotes independent living and resilience skills to improve the life chances of an individuals. We support 16 plus age group helping with basic skills such as budgeting, personal care, relationship and communication building, learning and employability. We deliver our work through one-to-one and group settings.
ILS are looking for a Board member that can help ILS build on our strategy, and strengthen our work with vulnerable clients, allowing for our vital work to continue.
- Guide the work of the organisation in line with the governing document and business plans, ensuring resources are used appropriately and that staff and managers are supported in their duties
- Understand the legal responsibilities of being a board member/trustee
- Keep up to date with legislation and guidance relevant to the role of board members and the running of the organisation.
- Understand the aims of the organisation and the wider community benefits from the charity’s interventions
- Attend regular board meetings
- Read papers prior to meetings and complete any relevant actions.
- Participate fully in discussions and decision making
- Declare any conflicts of interest while carrying out the duties of a board member.
- Promote the work of the organisation including willingness to participate in social media channels, funding initiatives and other fundraising projects