The Minority Ethnic Emerging Leaders programme will see up to 50 young people between the ages of 18 and 29 benefit from a nine-month professional and personal development programme backed by mentoring, and placements across the public and third sector.
Programme participants will receive:
• A National Living Wage equivalent grant (currently £8.91 per hour).
• A nine month part-time internship with a public/voluntary sector organisation, an NGO or a politician.
• An allocated mentor.
• Access to networking and employability opportunities.
• Membership of the John Smith Centre’s Alumni Network.
• Length of part time internship: 9 months (October 2021 to June 2022)
• Internship hours per week: 15 hours (flexibility of hours will be available)
• Internship place of work: Remote and/or office based (in line with local COVID-19 Scottish Government guidelines)
Applications can be made online at: https://www.johnsmithcentre.com/our-work/meelp/
The deadline for applications is Monday 19 July 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the programme, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org